18.6.11

Guitarists You Recognize By Riff

Below is a list of some of the guitarists who can be identified merely by riff. In no particular order, because I think they are all amazingly talented people. Feel free to comment if I have missed anyone you would like to see on the list, or just tell me which ones of these didn't stir something inside of you (The Edge did for me). In this case, I think the videos can really speak for themselves and no description is needed.

Click on each name to be linked to a video with a guitar solo by that artist.


The Edge

Jack White

Jimmy Page

Jimi Hendrix

Slash

Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen)

Pete Townshend (The Who)

Eric Clapton

B.B. King

Keith Richards (The Rolling Stones)

Robby Krieger (The Doors)

John Frusciante (Red Hot Chili Peppers)

Matt Bellamy (Muse)
I had to give an honorable mention to Matt, seeing as he's the NME readers' vote for greatest guitarist of all time. Frankly what did me in was this video - I'd never really thought of him as a great guitarist before. After all, we can all admit to recognizing some Muse songs by the riff, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment